Attention All Social Justice Activists!
Attention All Global Climate Change Activists!
Attention All Concerned Citizens!
NY Renews is sponsoring a Rochester rally in support of the Climate and Community Investment Act (CCIA):
When: Saturday, November 13 at 12 noon
Where: starting in downtown Rochester at Parcel 5, 285 E Main St.
It’s one of 3 simultaneous rallies being held across the state. The goal is to build momentum for passing the CCIA as part of the 2022 State Budget.
The CCIA, if passed, will achieve goals we have been pushing for for years, including:
Making polluters pay for the dirty fuels they bring into our state.
Using the money for:
· A just transition for BIPOC neighborhoods hit worst by pollution and global warming
· Good jobs in the the new Green Energy Industries, with priority given to workers from disadvantaged communities
· Affordable, high quality child care
· Electrification of transportation, with extensive, reliable public transit
· A 100% renewable energy grid
· Help with upgrading housing and home energy efficiency
· A rebate for low and moderate income New Yorkers
This is the best chance we have ever had to get our priorities made into law, but to do it, we need everyone to make their voice heard! Let’s make it impossible for Governor Hochul and our State Legislators to ignore us! BE THERE, AND BRING YOUR OUTDOOR VOICES! Short link to rsvp:
We’re also looking for organizational sponsors. If your organization can help publicize our event, please let us know!
Please add the image above to your social media (facebook, etc).
Notice from NYRenews.